On-Site Corporate Health Promotion & Stress-Reduction Programs
Better Day Yoga LLC offers On-Site Corporate programs to fit your budget and benefit both the physical and mental health of your employees. Classes are taught by a certified, insured yoga instructor.
Please call to schedule your free on-site trial yoga class, and discuss what is most appropriate for your employees!
Increased health and wellness has many possible tangible as well as intangible rewards!
Stress is the leading cause of poor health at work.
Job stress is estimated to cost American companies more than $300 billion a year in health costs, absenteeism and poor performance. In addition, consider these statistics:
- 40% of job turnover is due to stress.
- Healthcare expenditures are nearly 50% greater for workers who report high levels of stress.
- Job stress is the source of more health complaints than financial or family problems.
- Replacing an average employee costs 120-200% of the salary of the position affected.
- The average cost of absenteeism in a large company is more than $3.6 million/year.
- Depression is the largest single predictor of absenteeism and work related performance.
- Depressive illness, a common side effect of job stress, in employees is associated with nearly 10 annual sick days (this study included one large firm).
- For every 47 cents spent on treating depression, another 53 cents is indirectly spent on absenteeism, presenteeism, and disability.
- Insurance data indicates insurance claims for stress related industrial accidents cost nearly twice as much as non-stress related industrial accidents.
On-Site employee wellness programs reduce overall absenteeism by 19%, and employees participating in wellness programs take 70% fewer sick days than those opting out of wellness. (Source: Wellness Councils of America)
Unscheduled absenteeism costs roughly $3,600 per year for each hourly worker and $2,650 each year for salaried employees. (Source: Abseentism: The Bottom-Line Killer)
Benefits to the Employer:
- Reduced absenteeism/sick days/disability days/lost productivity/ and turnover rate
- Decreased recruitment and retraining costs
- Reduced health care utilization
- Lower Health Care Costs
- Reduced workers’ compensation claims
- Reduced injury experience
- Reduced presenteeism losses (losses incurred as a result of medical conditions stopping the employee from fully functioning such as headache, depression, high blood pressure, and arthritis).
- Improved productivity
- Improvements in employee morale
- Increased employee loyalty
- Less organizational conflict
- Improved employee decision-making ability
Benefits to the Employee:
- Improved health and quality of life through reduction of risk factors
- Increased opportunity for support from co-workers and environment
- Reduced pain and suffering from illness and accidents
- Reduced medical costs
New research shows more specific benefits that yoga can bring—mainly, a relatively small amount of yoga can bring lasting benefits to mood and performance, and increased resilience to stress, and could bring real benefits to employers by reducing job stress and increasing productivity in workers. http://stress.about.com/b/2010/04/14/new-research-on-yoga-for-stress-relief.htm
1) On-site Yoga Classes:
- All Levels Yoga—six week session, once a week
Appropriate for all levels. Modifications offered throughout class to accommodate multiple levels. Typically on-site corporate yoga encompasses all levels. If you want to have a “new to yoga” class (Yoga 1.0 detailed below), a beginner’s yoga class with basic poses, or a more intermediate yoga class with a brisker pace and more poses, we can arrange that as well!
- Yoga 1.0—six week session, once a week
For those brand new to yoga: 15 min. discussion / 45 min. Yoga class for 60 minutes total Or 15 min. discussion / 30 min Yoga class for 45 minutes total. Covers the basics of Yoga including poses, breathwork, and how to use props. Gives you all you need to feel comfortable with your Yoga practice.
- Trauma-informed yoga*—six week session, once a week
For those looking to drop stress from their physical body and their minds to improve well-being and vitality. This type of class is especially helpful for those suffering from trauma, stress, or anxiety, such as veterans. How we practice yoga matters. How we do anything is how we do everything. Trauma-informed yoga is a somatic treatment that helps reset the nervous system, helps you reconnect with your body and regain a sense of control. This increases your capacity to be present in the here and now.
“Once you start approaching your body with curiosity rather than fear, everything shifts.” ~ Bessel Van Der Kolk, M.D.
*While I offer an array of classes, I use many of the techniques learned in my trauma-informed yoga training in all of my classes.
(Please see the Trauma-informed yoga page for more detail.)
—Pre-paid six-person minimum required for six-week program
45, 60 or 90 minute class rates:
—$12 per student per class ($72 per person per six-week program). Drop-ins welcome at $14 rate per class.
(There is an additional overall $0.70 per round trip mile charge per session for distances beyond 25 miles from the Brooklyn Park, MN area. I will invoice you the appropriate amount.)
- Students pre-pay for a session of six classes based upon the number signed up and when the date of the last session is done, you start another.
- There is no carry-over of unused classes going forward if you miss a class.
- Class start time no later than 6:30 PM and no earlier than 10:00 AM
2) Other On-Site Classes
- YogaLean 12-week Transformation Workshop!
Set your life on a healthy new path! Learn how to achieve optimal health through weight loss, weight management and whole-life wellness. Two-hour once a week meetings include how to fill your mind with good intentions, fuel your body with good food, and move your body in a positive way. Weekly activities will vary depending on that week’s focus.The two hours covers a group yoga practice (typically 75 minutes) and an approximately 45-minute discussion with the option of completing the 45-minute discussion right after class or the group can choose to have the discussion be an on-line element (probably a private Facebook Group). The decision to do one or the other must be made prior to starting the workshop and would hold for the entire 12 weeks.
—Pre-paid five-person minimum / maximum 12 people per 12 week workshop
—$240 per person, per 12-week workshop ($20 per class).
Please see the YogaLean 12-week Transformation page for more details.
- Make it a Better Day “at-the-desk” classes—six week session, once a week
Simple, easy to do, stress-release moves at your desk. No need to change clothes. Includes stress-relief, productivity boosting breathwork; and simple, effective meditation techniques to stop work-related stress in its tracks. Also includes a review of basic office set-up for ergonomic, body aligned work areas. 45 minute class.
—Pre-paid four–person minimum for six-week program
—$50 per class for four people, or $12 per person—whichever is higher. ($72 per person per six-week program). Drop-ins welcome at $14 rate per class.
—Flat rate $145 per class once you have 13 or more students signed up. (There is an additional overall $0.70 per round trip mile charge per session for distances beyond 25 miles from the Brooklyn Park, MN area. I will invoice you the appropriate amount.)
- Meditation/Breathwork classes—three week session, once a week, one hour session
Learn how to de-stress and rejuvenate with several basic types of meditation including general awareness, breath, guided meditation, object focus meditations, and more. Teaches you how to use your breath to center your mind, improving concentration, focus, and productivity. Also experience a guided visualization, start to develop your own meditation practice that works for you, and receive several take-home practices. 60 minute class.
—Pre-paid four-person minimum per class for three-week program
—$20 per person, per class ($60 per person per three week program). Drop-ins welcome at $25 rate per class.
—10% Discount offered for ten or more people per class pre-paid for six-week program @$18 per person per class ($54 per person per three week program). Drop-ins still welcome at $25 rate per class. (There is an additional overall $0.70 per round trip mile charge per session for distances beyond 25 miles from the Brooklyn Park, MN area. I will invoice you the appropriate amount.)
Related articles on corporate fitness: