YogaLean 12-week Transformation!
This group self-named themselves “Phatman Yoga”. Their warmth, humor, kindness and integrity makes this one of my favorite classes. Absolutely love each and every one!
The shirts we are all wearing (except the fine gent in the middle who balanced it off with his bright red shirt), were created by the “group organizer”, Tim Cole. They gifted me a shirt because they appreciated my “taking them on.” Love this group!
This is the back of our shirt! Don’t you just love it?!
This is the front of our shirt using their self-named monicker. I love the humor of this group! <3
This amazing group of fine gents are in one of my regular “on-site corporate yoga” classes. This is the first group. It has since grown to twelve gents who are all great friends. They’re a blast to work with!
Would you like to learn how to take back your health and vitality and learn to live a lean lifestyle? Join my workshop and let me help you establish a personalized daily routine to support your commitment. With the help of your supportive “tribe” members we’ll celebrate each other’s successes and encourage accountability, cheering each other on, answering questions, sharing advice, recipes and pertinent articles.
We’ll use Beth Shaw’s YogaLean book as our MAIN text book. I’ll also utilize other resources such as Lindsey Vonn’s Strong is the New Beautiful book, Nicholas A. DiNubile’s Framework, Your 7-Step Program for Healthy Muscles, Bones and Joints book, Cate Stillman’s Body Thrive book, John Douillard’s Body, Mind and Sport book, Vasant Lad’s Textbook of Ayurveda Fundamental Principles, and more!
“I was having trouble loosing weight and had no energy when my friend suggested that I try a yoga class at Better Day Yoga. After my very first class I could tell that this was what I had been looking for and needed. Sandy takes the time to make sure that you are doing everything correctly and that you are getting the most out of each and every class. Over the past year, I have lost 55+ pounds and have so much energy. I feel stronger and my stress level has also gone down. I look forward to class each week and recommended that you try it.” ~ Cathy Collova
Minimum 5 people / Maximum 12 people
per 12-week workshop
Your 12-Week Transformation includes:
- Face-to-face-meetings which include: A group yoga practice and after class review of the upcoming week’s topics (approximately 90 minutes).
- Membership in a private Facebook Group for questions and follow-up, recorded class videos, pertinent handouts and cheat sheets, recipes, advice, and encouragement
Each week we’ll review ideas and suggestions for:
- Your personal at-home yoga practice,
- Meditation, and Breath practices to calm, energize or balance
- Discovering how to eat more mindfully
- A plan for healthy eating including recipe and shopping suggestions
- Positive, feel-good activities to keep you motivated and progressing forward toward a YogaLean lifestyle
- Journaling exercises to track your progress and uncover emotional eating patterns, stress and anxiety triggers
- Space clearing activities shown to correlate with maintaining your ideal weight
- Understanding your Ayurvedic “body type”/constitution so you can befriend your greatest assets
- Incorporating ancient Ayurveda techniques into your routine
- Cardio and strength training suggestions as we progress through the program
Weekly activities will vary depending on that week’s focus:
Week One Focus: Creating New Habits to Support a YogaLean Lifestyle
Week Two Focus: Developing a Lean Consciousness
(7 Steps to YogaLean)
Week Three Focus: Developing a Lean Consciousness part 2
(Essence of YogaFit)
Week Four Focus: Clearing Space
Week Five Focus: The Power of Breath
Week Six Focus: Understanding Body Type
Week Seven Focus: Yoga for a Lean Body
Week Eight Focus: Finding Your Calm Center – Meditation
Week Nine Focus: Cardio and Weight Training
Week Ten Focus: Eating Lean
Week Eleven Focus: Karma Yoga, Higher Purpose, and Giving Back
Week Twelve Focus: Just the Beginning
Similar to my other classes, this 12-week transformation workshop is available as either:
- a private residence class OR
- an on-site corporate class with the rates on this page.
Students pay for the full 12 weeks up front and when the date of the last session is done, the workshop is done. There is no refund of unused classes if you miss a class.
Timing: The 12 weeks may or may not be consecutive depending on both my personal schedule and the group’s individual’s schedules. In other words, I’ll work with you to get 12 weeks that everyone, or a majority, can attend. If you want to have this 12-week transformation with your group, please contact me to discuss!
Tuition due prior to the first class:
$240 per person, per 12-week workshop
($20 per class)
(There is an additional overall $0.70 per round trip mile charge for distances beyond 25 miles from the Brooklyn Park, MN area.)
Already in a regular five-person minimum / 12-person maximum group practice and your group wants to do the workshop? No problem!
Your group can choose to add the workshop by simply adding the after-class discussion and Private Facebook Group membership portion of the workshop and equal the $20 per week, per student rate. (No discounts would apply).
You will also need to purchase or have available prior to class:
- Beth Shaw’s YogaLean book
(Read Chapter 5 prior to the start of the workshop. This will explain the dosha body types that we will reference throughout the 12 weeks.)
- Please take a dosha quiz to determine your own body type:
In addition to my past Ayurvedic training (see my biogrpaphy page), I am currently participating in a 600-hour Ayurvedic Health Counselor program which meets the standards set forth by the National Ayurvedic Medical Asociation. As part of an assignment, they suggested we create our own dosha quiz, using descriptors we feel our audience might prefer or that we’re more comfortable with. So I created one of my own here, referencing some of the ones I’m familiar with as well as Dr. Vasant Lad’s (M.A.Sc.) Textbook of Ayurveda. A complete guide to clinical assessment. Volume 2.
The instructions are at the top. You’ll be taking the quiz twice, as explained. For each time you take the quiz, total the columns on both pages to see which is your dominant dosha, second dominant, and third.
- A personal Journal (or two or three) of your choice. In the YogaLean book, Beth explains how she uses several journals: One is a daily catchall for lists, goals, thoughts, quotes, budgets, and to-do lists, one is for her food journal, and one is a personal journal to process events and circumstances.
- Loose-fitting clothing or yoga attire, whichever you prefer
- Walking/Running Shoes
- Yoga Mat (for your personal, home practice) I have some available for purchase. For our group classes, I bring mats for you to use and my yoga mat spray for cleaning after we’re done. If you want to bring your own, that’s great! But it’s not required.
- YogaFit DVD’s at the ready for your home practice (I have several to LOAN/SIGN OUT weekly. We can rotate them OR you can purchase them on your own by clicking here.) In addition, I will record classes similar to the ones we have in person and have them available for viewing via a private Facebook group.
- Get ready for an amazing transformation! 🙂
Next time you try to convince someone else to eat healthy, remember this…
“The pain of their illness must be greater than the pain and fear they have of diet change.”
Disclaimer: By viewing this website or anything made available on or through this website, including but not limited to programs, products, services, e-books, videos, blog posts, consultations, and/or e-mails (collectively referred to as “Website”), you are agreeing to accept all parts of this Disclaimer. Thus, if you do not agree to the Disclaimer, STOP now, and do not access or use this Website.