This “meditation on the go” is similar to the “Hand Mudra” featured below for “empowering your voice” which I chose for its emphasis on “empowerment”—one of the themes from my opener. It is part of my meditation workshop. Enjoy!
Coupler Pull: This is a simple technique to bring your emotions, mind, and body into harmony. You can do it any time you feel out of balance or off center.
- Bring the palms of your hands together lining up the wrist creases and then melting your hands together lining up the palms and fingers. If you are out of balance, one hand’s fingertips will appear slightly higher than the other—longer.
- Bring both hands in front of your chest, one palm up, the other palm down, interlocking your curled fingers.
- Now pull them apart to create a slight tension but keep a firm hold and maintain that pull as we go on.
- Inhale and raise the hands above your head, maintaining that pull and holding for seven seconds.
- Exhale and bring your hands down, maintaining that pull and releasing only after you’ve brought the hands to chest level again. Switch hand positions, interlocking opposite sides and repeat the above—inhaling as you raise them with the hold above your head for seven seconds, then exhaling as you bring them down to chest level and release.
- Now re-check the length of your hands and fingers as when we started. They should now be the same length.
Source: The Natural Face-Lift, by Linda Burnham, N.D.